Demonstrates increasing commitment to social and environmental action and leadership
IRVING, Texas, Nov. 10, 2020 – McKesson Corporation, a global healthcare leader, joins the United Nations (UN) Global Compact initiative, a voluntary leadership platform focused on the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices.
McKesson joins more than 11,000 companies around the world in supporting the UN Global Compact’s 10 principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption and commits to making progress against the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“This important initiative provides a universal language and common framework to help businesses unite and collaborate on social and environmental action and shared goals,” said Brian Tyler, chief executive officer, McKesson. “Working in alignment, we can bridge the gap between business performance and social impact and build a sustainable, inclusive global economy in which both business and society can thrive.”
Additionally, McKesson has issued its 2020 Corporate Responsibility report highlighting its commitment to improving healthcare and improving the world. Report highlights include:
- Awarded over $30 million in special one-time bonus payments to recognize McKesson frontline employees and other team members for their hard work during the pandemic
- Partnered with thousands of customers and coordinated closely with regulatory authorities and other leading companies to bring personal protective equipment, medications and essential supplies to healthcare facilities and first responders battling the COVID-19 pandemic
- Over 17,700 McKesson employees in 148 locations created care packages for their local cancer care organizations, reaching more than 110,000 cancer patients
- Signed a two-year agreement to purchase local, physical renewable energy that will provide 40 million kWh of energy in Texas
- Achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification in eight U.S.-based McKesson facilities & expanded LED lighting in our distribution centers, pharmacies and offices helping us realize an expected 40 percent reduction in lighting electricity use
- Recognized as one of the best employers for diversity by Forbes
- Recognized for the fifth year by the Disability Equality Index as one of the best places to work
- Honored as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ equality by the Human Rights Campaign for the 7th year in a row
“This report is a testament to our unwavering commitment to live our values in support of our customers, our communities and each other – and to drive environmental action to protect the health of our economy and our planet for generations to come,” said Tyler. “I’m so proud of the progress McKesson has made in 2020 and the purpose that guides us today, tomorrow and beyond.”
To learn more, read McKesson’s Corporate Responsibility Report.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care, and healthcare information solutions. McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time, safely and cost-effectively. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities that make our customers and partners more successful — all for the better health of patients. McKesson has been named a “Most Admired Company” in the healthcare wholesaler category by FORTUNE, a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a top military-friendly company by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
Press contact McKesson Corporation